Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 263: Raph on Patrol (Fan Request)


The word "fan" may be a bit strong; "person who found my Twitter" may be more accurate. So far I haven't taken any requests, but only because no one's made any. She complimented the blog and asked if I would do one so I guess as of now my policy on requests is yes, I'll take them. Some days I have a hard time coming up with ideas, so why not fill the gaps with requests?

Anyway, she asked for, "Raph on the roooftops overlooking the city? I'd be happy with anything Raph though." So here's what I drew. I'm pretty happy with this one, all I can say is perspective has never been my strong suit, along with body shapes or geometric shapes in general or coloring inside the lines.

I infused a bit of Spider-Man into this one with Raph crouching on a terribly ugly gargoyle and I watched the first few episodes of the original cartoon series while drawing it for some good old school inspiration.

*Update* I feel like an idiot, but I was so excited to get a request I forgot to mention the fan that requested this picture.

The pic was done for Jaime and you should go check out her awesome nerdy blog at http://shezcrafti.com

In the future I will make this a more standard process.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, yay, I love it! Props for doing a view from the front; I was thinking something simpler, like Raph's silhouette from behind with the city in front of him. What you did was way harder.

    Sure, I'd consider myself a fan. What's not to love about drawing Ninja Turtles? There's something silly and innocent about your blog that takes me back to middle school when I used to spend my days trying to draw Turtles too. And it's clear you're having a blast doing it.

    I say rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I debated of whether to do it this way or the other way, but since you brought it up I decided to do a view from behind tomorrow. So you get two drawings for the price of one!

    Thanks for the compliment. I actually do have a lot of fun doing this when I make time for it and since I haven't gotten any better at drawing since I was in middle school the pictures bring me back too.

    ReplyDelete