Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 92: The Ninja Turtles Join the Hunger Games and Murder the Shit Out of Some Kids


Have you read the Hunger Games books? Have you even heard of them? Well I have. Heard of them, that is; I haven't read them. I do know a couple of things about the story though. For one I know there are at least two books, I know they're making it into a movie, I know it takes place in a dystopian America--which, for my money, is the best America--and I now know it's about kids in a giant death match. That pretty much exhausts my knowledge of the Hunger Games storyline so I thought the logical next step would be to write a post about it.

My friend Mandy posted her nifty ID card thingy that she got for registering on the Hunger Games movie website. It identifies her by her name, her sex and her district. I didn't really know what that meant, but dammit! I wanted an ID too! So I went to the website and signed up to see where I would get placed. There are 12 districts and I was placed in District 3. No ID card, though. What a rip-off.

Anyway, I tweeted Mandy to find out what this meant to me. I wasn't particularly interested in what I was supposed to be doing at the time and I am a pretty funny guy, so it turned into a little bit longer of a conversation than I intended.

 

Later, while working on my post about the Hunger Games, I asked Mandy if she wouldn't mind assigning the Turtles to districts based on what I told her about them. She agreed and I took her recommendation and turned it into this picture.

I'm actually pretty sure I'll read the books at some point just out of curiousity. I mean, I read the Twilight series just to see what all the fuss was about and these books sound way less stupid to begin with. The only problem now is if I do read the books there's no way it will match what I've imagined in my own head. For one thing I'm sure there will be a disappointing lack of Ninja Turtles.

I'd like to thank Mandy Murtis for her help with this post. For more information about fictional child murder check out her blog: Chocolate & Cream Cake

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I could help!

    Also, half the funny up there was me. And I think you should most definitely read the books.

    ReplyDelete