Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 75: Michelangelo Dreams

Today I'm taking a bit of a creative break and returning to another running theme that I started waaaaay back when. I'm examining what I imagine Michelangelo might dream about. I'll be honest, Michelangelo was never my favorite turtle. In fact he probably comes dead last on my turtle rankings, but it's not because I don't like him; he just always seemed pretty one-dimensional and single-minded. I know that probably sounds ridiculous if you stop to think about the fact that I'm talking about cartoon turtles, but even so I have my opinions on the personalities of each.

With that in mind I had a difficult time thinking about what Mikey might dream about. I thought about a giant pizza with all of his favorite toppings (marshmallows, gummi bears, sprinkles, etc..) or about him winning some extreme sports competition like an X-Games Gold medal or something. In the end I decided on something a bit more personal. I think if you treat the story of the turtles seriously (as I obviously do) all four of them must have real goals, dreams and aspirations like any normal person. So I tried to imagine what Michelangelo's might be. Maybe deep down he's really depressed or scared and he uses his sense of humor as a defense mechanism. Or maybe I'm just thinking too hard about this one. Looks like I didn't really get my creativity break after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment