Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 85: Ninja Turtles Meet Regular Turtles


Yesterday I met my wife after work to grab some dinner before her rehearsals. We ate at a place called Beets Living Food Cafe downtown. It was a little pricey, but it was good. They serve all vegan raw food, which means nothing is cooked. We're not vegan or even vegetarian, but my wife's been eating much healthier lately and I'm up to try anything. The food was tasty but after we finished she still had a couple of hours to kill before she needed to be at rehearsals so we parked at the building where her rehearsals are held and walked through the park next to it. It's a nice park and the weather was cool and overcast, but the best part was the pond with all the turtles.

It may surprise no one that in addition to being a fan of Ninja Turtles I am also a fan of regular turtles. I like to observe them in their natural habitats wherever that may be. My favorite part of the Phoenix Zoo was the bridge before you even get into the zoo. There were tons of turtles in the water under the bridge just hanging out. I would even like to set up a turtle habitat in our backyard some day, when we have a backyard, to rescue turtles. That may sound ridiculous, but if you really want to take care of a turtle it takes a lot more work than people realize. If that clumsy kid hadn't dropped them down the sewer drain into that ooze those turtles probably wouldn't have lasted long in that little fish bowl.

Anyway, I like watching turtles and I thought it would be a funny picture to see the Ninja Turtles face to face with some real turtles. Maybe make them appreciate that ooze after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment