Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 86: The Turtles Build a Set


I may have mentioned once or twice that my wife and our friend Shaun are in a stage adaptation of Night of the Living Dead this month. I may have also mentioned that I don't act and therefore will not be taking part in the show. Out of all of the shows that Weird City Theatre Company has put on I've only taken an active role in one. I was a stage hand and extra in Nosferatu two years ago and while I did enjoy it I don't plan on doing it again any time soon. I had theater nightmares and I wasn't even really on stage!

So, since I refuse to help on stage I offer my assistance whenever I can which is how I end up helping with set build and strike for every show my wife is in. I don't mind. If doing manual labor means I can be a part of the company without being actively involved in making sure a show runs smoothly then I'm more than happy to assist. Which brings me to my picture for the day. Today we started building the set for Night of the Living Dead in John's driveway. It didn't get quite finished, but I think most of the bigger parts, like building the walls, got done. Anyway, that's why I drew the Turtles building a set. They all seem to be doing pretty well except Michelangelo who smashed his thumb with a hammer. It happens I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment