Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 110: Why Ninja Turtles Don't Use Battle-Axes

You know, it's funny, but two of the Ninja Turtles use sharp weapons--technically Raph's can be used primarily as defensive weapons, but they do have sharp points--but you never see them kill anyone or spill any blood. I guess that's not a fair assessment, they are a little more graphic in the comics, but in the cartoon they fight robots and in the movies it seems like Leonardo doesn't know that his swords can cut things in addition to blocking attacks.

Anyway, I got to thinking about what it might be like if they switched up to something a little more damaging like a ridiculously over-sized battle axe. I think it would look something like this and I have to admit to chuckling to myself a bit while drawing it. Maybe that's a bit morbid, but what can you do? I am especially a fan of the fact that Raph wasn't expecting to lodge it directly in the Foot Soldier's head, or maybe he was just expecting a robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment