Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 127: Ninja Turtle Fight Club

One of my favorite authors is Chuck Palahniuk. I like him so much my wife and I have an almost complete collection of first editions of his work (only missing two) and I can spell his last name without looking it up.

You might be most familiar with him as the author of Fight Club which was turned into an awesome movie by David Fincher starring Ed Norton and Brad Pitt. Fight Club was his first published novel and the first one I read, but my favorite is probably still his second book, Survivor. Just take my word for it, it's good.

A couple of weeks ago he released his twelfth novel, Damned. It's definitely different than his other books, but I liked it a lot. I won't go too much into specifics, but the plot revolves around a 13 year old girl named Madison who dies of a marijuana overdose and finds herself in Hell. It's been described as Dante's Inferno meets The Breakfast Club and I'd have to say that description isn't far off, but it's much weirder than either of those two works by far. Honestly, though, I would expect nothing less.

I thought about drawing something inspired by Damned since I just finished it, but I decided to do a Fight Club inspired picture instead just because it's his most well known novel and I wanted to draw Raph and Leo fighting. In case you're wondering in this interpretation Leo is the Narrator and Raph is Tyler Durden. Think about that one for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment