Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 27: A Ninja Turle Origin: Retconned


Recently I read this article on Cracked.com about strange TV/movie universe crossovers. In the article I learned that the Ninja Turtles were created in the same traffic accident that created Marvel's Daredevil. That got me to thinking, if Peter Laird and Kevin Eastmen were big enough fans of Daredevil to sort-of write his origin story into their own comic book heroes' creation, why shouldn't I?

Not having any comic book heroes of my own creation isn't stopping me either. Instead I'll just retcon the Ninja Turtles' creation to include my favorite super hero, Spider-Man! In my version Spider-Man is taking a more active role in the creation of what he hopes to be the coolest turtle/ninja pals a spider-like super hero could ask for. He's even taken the liberty of leaving them a few suggestions for their eventual attire and weaponry. What a nice guy! Just give it a few years, Spidey. I'm sure you guys will be the best of friends!

2 comments:

  1. Do you think spidey thought to himself "they could be like big pals! I could ride them to school!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he did, I don't know, but that is exactly what I was thinking while drawing this.

    ReplyDelete