Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 32: Leonardo: Principito

I've had the song "Principito" by Andrew Jackson Jihad stuck in my head all day. I'm a big fan of AJJ and I love this song. I also love the book the song is a reference to--The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

I read the book in my junior year high school English class and enjoyed it so much I bought a copy for my wife (then girlfriend). She liked it so much she got a drawing from the book as her first tattoo.

The song and the book may have different meanings depending on how you interpret each, but I love the imagery presented in both. I don't really have a good reason for picking Leonardo for this picture. I guess I feel I'm over-using Donatello and Raph and Mikey didn't really fit the feel of this drawing.

The specific line I drew today was from the song's chorus and a main plot point of the novella.

I'd like to take advantage of a flock of wild birds to make,
To make my escape from this planet.





P.S. Also somewhat related to this post, but not entirely, is the fact that Andrew Jackson Jihad has a new album coming out in September. It's called Knife Man and the two songs I've heard from it sound fucking fantastic ("Hate, Rain on Me" is my summer jam)! The wife and I will be seeing them at Emo's in Austin in October as well. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment