Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 10: The Turtles Play Soccer





Today is the Women's World Cup Final. We've just finished watching Japan beat America in penalty kicks and we were all fairly disappointed. Oh well, such is life I suppose. Even more important than the World Cup Final is my drawing for today inspired by the game.

I like soccer. I don't watch a lot of sports, but I do enjoy watching international soccer games. There's something slightly more stirring about watching your nation defending itself on the pitch against another country than watching one city play another city. If watching soccer has taught me one thing it's that soccer players are great actors. Most players could probably hold their own on any soap opera or WB show (where over-acting is imperative), so I've tried to capture that in today's picture. Raph is clearly playing up his injury because Donatello would never foul his brother as indicated by his arms lifted in the international symbol of "I didn't do anything!"

Even though we didn't win I'd still like to say our team played well, and thanks to the refs for calling the game fairly and keeping play going.

1 comment: