Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 18: Everyday Will Be Like a Holiday


The picture doesn't really reflect what I'm about to write about. The blog title comes from a song by William Bell (and remixed by the RZA for the Repo Men Soundtrack) so I thought I'd draw the turtles taking part in some stereotypical summer holiday activities. This is how my Sunday felt.

Yesterday was awesome. So awesome in fact I decided to post about it. You may remember me saying we were going to San Antonio on Saturday. Well we did and it was a lot of fun. So much fun that we didn't get home until 3:30 yesterday morning! Needless to say we started our Sunday by going to sleep.

We finally woke up around 12:30 or so and I had the inexplicable desire to eat one or more tuna fish sandwiches. My wife offered to make some and I walked our dog in eager anticipation of my sandwich. When I got back we sat down with our delicious tuna fish sandwiches and watched Sherlock Holmes (the one with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law). It was awesome and I wish we had seen it in theaters, but then what would we have watched yesterday?

After the movie I posted yesterday's picture and my wife read for a bit. We decided to be at least a little productive and go to the gym for a while. When we got back and got showered it was time for dinner! We made linguini with a creamy cheese sauce that I made from scratch! While we were cooking we listened to the Repo Men Soundtrack. If you haven't seen the movie and you like action and a little bit of sci-fi (future tech, not aliens) I highly recommend it. Even if you don't like those things I highly recommend the soundtrack.

While we ate dinner we watched an episode of Top Gear (the UK version) and waited for Breaking Bad to start.

During Breaking Bad we made some popcorn in our Whirley Pop. IT WAS THE BEST POPCORN EVER!

After that it was time to read a little and then go to bed. Man, what a great day.

3 comments:

  1. So are you not doing shredder or bebop and rock steady?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might. The main focus is the turtles, but if the picture warrants it I may draw a terrible version of them. Maybe even Shredder and Krang, who knows?

    ReplyDelete