Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 16: Michelangelo Wearing a Coonskin Cap

I'm updating early because the wife and I are driving to San Antonio for a friend's birthday party in about an hour. So what does this mean for you? Well for one thing it means you get this ridiculous picture of Michelangelo in a coonskin cap.

"But why a coonskin cap?" you ask. Or maybe you didn't, but let's assume you did. I chose to draw this because we're going to San Antonio, the location of the Alamo. "That still doesn't make sense," I can hear you saying out loud to no one in particular. Well let me ask you this: who is the most famous person you know that fought and died at the Alamo? If you said anyone but Davy Crockett you are lying! Davy Crockett wore coonskin caps and he fought and died at the Alamo which is located in the city we are driving to today. I rest my case.

I considered drawing the Ninja Turtles at the Alamo, but that would have taken too long and I wouldn't have been able to take you on that mental roller coaster ride through my thought process. Besides the fact that we're not actually going to the Alamo, but there are no guarantees I won't wear a coonskin cap today.

P.S. Check out the blog. It's all updated and looks like a little kid designed it. IT'S PERFECT! I still intend to update some of the features, but for now I like the overall layout and design.

3 comments:

  1. I think you'd look quite good in a coonskin cap. Evidence: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/mandustries/Projects/Graphics/282544_1996063934052_1017067935_31778439_5530926_n.jpg

    I love the new look of the blarg, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is easily the best picture of me ever. Thank you Mrs. Murtis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I love your whole thought process roller coaster and all but some of us had the unpleasure of going to elementary school in the great gun state of Tejas. That means we( I really mean I) had to visit the Alamo ( not draft house) every year for a not so informative field trip about Davey Crockett and his coonskin cap. Bottom line of my rant: I knew where this was going before you even finished typing Antonio. Hope you had fun! I obviously didn't but I enjoyed the memories that allowed me to comment on your blog. :) yay!

    ReplyDelete