Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 8: Birthday Party!


Today is a special day. It's my mom's birthday and she's turning somewhere between 23 and 65 years old! She gets a special mention because she gave me life and helped me make the most of it by ensuring I survived long enough to write a blog in which I post terrible and generally stupid pictures of mutant turtles.

This picture is pretty much spot on with what I imagine a birthday party for my mom would be like if the Ninja Turtles were there. Michelangelo is holding up a beer bong for her while she plays with a sparkler in one hand (my mom loves sparklers like you wouldn't believe), Leo and Raph are playing beer-pong and Donatello--ever the creative one--is building a tower out of the most lop-sided beer cans I have ever seen.

While this party seems like fun I'm sure it's nothing compared to what we'll be doing tonight. We're starting with a nice relaxed dinner downtown, but that will quickly be followed with a series of shots on 6th street, some new tattoos, a quick trip to my mom's dealer (his name is Marko), maybe a late-night detour across the border to score some cash and if we're lucky we'll end the night with a high speed chase and a shoot-out. At least I hope that's all that happens. I wouldn't be able to handle it if things got as crazy as last year.

1 comment: