Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 2: Turtles at a Shuttle Launch Alt. Angle


I bet you thought I was just making that bit up about the sunglasses yesterday didn't you? Well to prove you wrong here's the same picture, but from the front.

Bitchin' aviators? Check.
American flag? Check.
Bald eagle? It kind of looks like a dodo or something, but birds are hard to draw so also Check.

I got all excited to draw this after I finished last night's post, but I had to calm myself down and wait until today. 365 pictures is a lot of pictures and I have to maintain an even flow of one per day to ensure my success. This is a marathon not a sprint. I'd hate to be like one of those people who wastes all their energy out of the gate and then gets to the end and goes all wobbly legged and collapses at the finish and then starts pooping themselves on national TV because they didn't think, "Hey, this race might take a while and I'll probably be too tired if I'm not careful and reserve my resources." You know, metaphorically speaking.

I'd also like to mention the single tear rolling down my/Donatello's cheek. There are occasions when it is manly to cry a single tear. Watching something that is basically a massive controlled explosion launch actual people into space where people are definitely not supposed to be is one of those occasions. Space exploration flies in the face of all natural logic and is therefore the most bad ass type of exploration to be undertaken by our species, and NASA has been leading the charge for over 40 years. As a nation we said, "You know what? We're going to space!" and God came down and said, "But why? I gave you everything you need on Earth. Space is specifically designed to keep you guys on your planet." and we said, "Too bad! We're going to space, mother fucker!" I am almost positive this was the actual conversation that led to the American space program.

This brings me to another point. If you couldn't tell I am, in addition to being a fan of TMNT also a fan of space travel and exploration. Some people may not think it's all that cool to get excited about shuttle missions and wear NASA t-shirts, but I do. You know what else I think is cool? A lot of really nerdy things that will likely find their way into my drawings at some point or another. In the interest of full-disclosure here's a list of things I am a fan of and therefore likely to find their way into my drawings/blog posts.

  • All things Science-Fiction
  • All things Fantasy
  • Spider-Man
  • Most other comic book super-heroes
  • Eureka
  • The Lord of the Rings
  • The Guild
  • Awesome web-comics
  • More Science-Fact things like NASA
  • Video Games
  • Dungeons and Dragons
  • Anything else I deem worthy

I hope this very incomplete and possibly confusing list helps to prepare you for what you may see here in the future. One thing this blog will definitely be is a reflection of me, and not only my love of drawing Ninja Turtles. One last note: I will be doing a new drawing everyday, but I may not be able to post every day. That's the idea, but it might not be feasible. I'll try to do a different post for each picture and keep it as up to date as possible, but I have a job and a wife and friends and a PlayStation, so other things might get in the way of my posts from time to time. Just don't give up on me and my ridiculous dream!

1 comment: